“Delicious side or main course with beef, basil and lots of cheese. You can substitute the beef for Italian sausage or add a combination. Serve with green salad and crusty warm bread , If you desired.”
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 16 ounce dry ziti pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cups sour cream
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for eight to ten minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain off fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about fifteen minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. In a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish, set about 50 percent of the pastatop with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese pieces. Spread on a layer of half the spaghetti sauce mix and sour cream.
5. Cover with remaining pasta, cheese and sauce; sprinkle a layer of Parmigiano-Reggiano and fresh basil.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.