“This slow cooker meatloaf is lower in fat and cholesterol because you utilize 1/2 ground around and 1/2 ground turkey breast. This meatloaf will be damp, but not as greasy as other recipes for a slow cooker. May have some for leftovers, too!”
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round beef
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Grease a slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Ground around and turkey in a bowl; mix until completely blended. Stir in bread crumbs, soup mixture, parsley flakes, pepper, and garlic powder. Add 1/4 cup ketchup , eggs, and mustard; mix well. Form meat mixture into a loaf. Place in the slow cooker. Cook on high until no longer pink at the center, about 6 months. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
3. Mix 3 tbsps ketchup and brown sugar together within a bowl to make the glaze. Spread over the meatloaf; continue cooking until glaze is set, about one hour longer.